Evil Paradises: Dreamworlds of Neoliberalism by Mike Davis

,


I'm a big Mike Davis fan, having read both City of Quartz: Excavating the Future in Los Angeles (done in 1990 and which predicted many of the inherent tensions of LA that would result in the 1992 riots) and LOVING it, as well as the more recent Planet of Slums, a look at the slumming up of urbanization in many developing country cities in the world, which is a passionate issue for me that I think he highlights on extremely well. I just happened to find out that he is at it again with a new book deliciously titled Evil Paradises: Dreamworlds of Neoliberalism. I am dying to get my hands on a copy. Some brand him as too apocalyptic but he is a wonderful critic of some of the human dangers in current urban ecologies of unfettered capitalistic development and whim. How can I get a copy!?

0 Responses on "Evil Paradises: Dreamworlds of Neoliberalism by Mike Davis"